cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

How to create an action on GWT action model without jsp

Pushpak_Old
9-Granite

How to create an action on GWT action model without jsp

I wanted to create one action on the right click of part structure but In that action I am not using JSP . Is there any way to implement like wise?

8 REPLIES 8

Hello @Pushpak_Old 

Based on a limitation of GWT customization an answer is "there is no way how to create custom action in GWT without jsp."

If you want to add action to GWT menu, (right click in a structure) you need to meet some rules. And this rules limits the usage.

It is a fact and as I know there is no way how to add an action to that menu to avoid actual rules. 

JSP is needed.

PetrH

Hi @HelesicPetr ,

Thanks for your reply!!!!

But if you saw their are some actions on right click like checkout and copy there we don't have jsp. So by extending that OOTB classes can we able to do?

And  can you please provide the documentation link for GWT rules

Hi @Pushpak_Old 

Yes OOTB. But you can not extend the OOTB functions as you wish. 

If you copy the OOTB function (create own class), you follow all settings that are mentioned in any customization guides, help and own knowhow,

in the end the action is not shown. 

It is hardcoded.

There is hidden logic which allows OOTB actions but the logic is not know. If so, the community would has shared that in my opinion.

PetrH  

Hi @Pushpak_Old 

Just additional info.

The OOTB actions are allowed by GWT application (Goodle Web Toolkit). The validations to show actions are hardcoded and sources are not public.

So  you can not customize it by your self. You are not able to allow your own custom action without JSP.

PetrH

Hi @HelesicPetr , is this limitation still applicable? I'm trying to create a custom action in Document Structure Browser that will download all the primary content in the structure, package it as a zip and download it in the client. I'm unable to do this by using a class. Any suggested workaround?

Hi @MV_10441462 

Yes the limitation is still applicable.

You need to use JSP page to do the export in GWT environment (structure). 

You can achieve it what you need. I did it. I just use the jsp page from WTDocument download and use a javascript that automatically hit the OK button

so user do not need to click on OK, he sees just export wizard. 

PetrH 

@MV_10441462 

Here is just example how it can look like.

javascript method on the jsp page to submit the wizard without the users interaction. 

PTC.onReady(function () {
PTC.wizard.submitWizard();

});

PetrH

Thankyou @HelesicPetr . It would helpful if you could share the JSP's you are using. Is it possible?

I'm unable to add HTML content if I'm using commandBean. So the popup page with a blank screen keeps buffering until the work is done.

Top Tags