cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How to deploy the test.war file in Windchill?

sghongade-2
1-Newbie

How to deploy the test.war file in Windchill?

Hello Everyone,

I have test.war file, wanted to be deploy in windchill. how i can achieve this ??

I puted my test.war file in tomcat\webapps folder and restart the windchill but not working.

3 REPLIES 3
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:sghongade-2)

I'm not sure about the Tomcat bundled with Windchill, but if you have Tomcat installed standalone (like for ThingWorx), the Tomcat "Manager App" is used to deploy .war files.

Thanks Tom for the response provided, but i could not able to run tomcat separately in windchill, I want clear answer about how to deploy test.war file in windchill, and what configuration should be changed in web.xml to run file test.war file. And also specify the URL path in windchill after deploying the war file to run the app.

With the below steps you should be able to deploy a war

1. Copy the war to a directory say - /app01/windchill11/Windchill/tomcat/webapps/sample
  2. Open a Windchill shell run the command , navigate to /app01/windchill11/Windchill/tomcat and run the below command, appName is the what you use after server name to access the application. This will install the web app on Windchill Tomcat

ant -f config.xml  installWebApp-DappName=sample-DdocBase=/app01/windchill11/Windchill/tomcat/webapps/sample

3.  Now you have two options either to enable direct HTTP access on tomcat to access the app or use web server directives direct the traffic to tomcat. if you want to enable

direct access add  below line to /app01/windchill11/Windchill/tomcat/conf/server.xml.default

<Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"

connectionTimeout="20000"

redirectPort="8443" />

Now restart Windchill and access the page - http://localhost:8080/sample.

Screen Shot 2016-04-27 at 10.31.29 PM.png

Regards

Binesh Kumar

Medtronic - MITG

Top Tags