cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How to filter out a user from a report when the user is in a specific group

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

How to filter out a user from a report when the user is in a specific group

I created a report to find out when a user last logged in by using the "Audit Record" table. Now I want to filter out any user that is in a specific group. This group is called "Deactivated" and it would be the only group they are in if they are in fact deactivated. How can I create this filter in my report?

I tried putting a link the Audit Record table to the "User" table but it won't let me create one.

6 REPLIES 6

Hi Steve,

I have a report that I use to count the number of monthly access of every user.

The report search on three tables: WTUser, AuditRecord and EventInfo.

There is no join between User and Audit tables and, despite this, it gives me exactly what I want.

If you want to filter disconnected user, I think you can simply use Disabled attribute on User table.

Marco

The only thing I do is to add them to the Deactivated group and remove their email address.  Is there another way to set the user to Deactivated?

The way in which deactivated users are managed depends on a number of factors.

Do users connect to the Active Directory or WindchillDS for authentication?

How often a disabled user is reactivated?

In my case, authentication is done via the Active Directory and very rarely a disabled user has been reactivated.

In this case, when a user leaves the company, he is removed from the AD and deleted from Windchill.

In this way, from GUI beside the name of the user appears the written (deleted) and in the User table the attribute Deactivated is valorized to Yes.

Marco

We do not use our AD for Windchill.

Marco,

What are the defined criteria for your report?  When there are no joins between the tables, the connections are defined thru the criteria.

Thanks,

Matt

Yes Matt, connection through criteria is a sophisticated way to bypass issue joining table. In my case these are the criteria

Marco
Top Tags