cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How to get AuditRecord data from database

BernardWielfaer
6-Contributor

How to get AuditRecord data from database

Hi,

We are interested in knowing about a move from context action. This event gets stored in the database table AUDITRECORD. Can anyone shine a light on this how to extract meaningful data from it ? Thank you in advance. Regards, Bernard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Given any query builder report, you can get it to run automatically a few ways.

1. Save the report template with any needed criteria.  Set up a "monitor" on the saved report with a schedule.  Can even have the system email a link.

2. Run the query builder report from Excel - which just refreshes the data and makes use of any pivot tables, charts, etc.  Set up how to get this automated using Excel tools.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

The easiest option is to use audit purge reporting. You can also use SQLs to query this table - good thing is this table stores a lots of information - most of the cases you don't have to build complex joins. I don't think you can use report manager on this table - not sure have to check

Thank you

Binesh

Query builder reports can definitely pull all info from this table.

Notes:

"Purge" does exactly that - it pulls the rows out of the table and optionally stores them as rows in an .xml file as a WTDoc at Site level under Site, Folders.

You only can report on what has been collected in the auditrecord table; what is recorded is controlled by manually editing configaudit.xml.  OTB, only a few things are recorded and they do not include Move actions.

Alright, I can derive valuable data from this. Do you know if you can automate this (having the xml saved to disk on a daily basis). I know that PTC is working on this, but I can't wait that long...

Given any query builder report, you can get it to run automatically a few ways.

1. Save the report template with any needed criteria.  Set up a "monitor" on the saved report with a schedule.  Can even have the system email a link.

2. Run the query builder report from Excel - which just refreshes the data and makes use of any pivot tables, charts, etc.  Set up how to get this automated using Excel tools.

Hello Mike,

I wil try to go for the Query Builder solution, I used in the past with success to download attachments (dxf,iges, pdf,...).

Regards,

Bernard

Top Tags