cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

How to get a list of all the ECNs in the Application for a particuar Need Date.

sujha
1-Newbie

How to get a list of all the ECNs in the Application for a particuar Need Date.

I am able to view few ECNs in the UI but when I log on to the database and check their entries in WTChangeOrder2 table it is not there. However the same entry is there in WTChangeOrder2Master. Can someone please explain why is this happening? I have written a JSP to display this information and there is a confusion on this.

5 REPLIES 5
satre-2
1-Newbie
(To:sujha)

I am not sure I understood your question. but it seems like when you query on WTChangeOrder2 you are not able to find any entries related to change notices  but in WTChangeOrder2Master you can see all those entries related to ECN.

ECN is revision controlled attribute so in WTChangeOrder2Master table all common attributes are stored (name, number . etc )  and in WTChangeOrder2 attributes related to each version are stored.

You can join both this table to get your data. Below is sample query

select * from WTChangeOrder2 A0, WTChangeOrder2Master A1

where A1.idA2A2=A0.idA3masterReference

Hope it helps

Thanks

Shreyas

sujha
1-Newbie
(To:satre-2)

Thanks Shreyas. That query really helped but I just noticed another problem. The moment I fetch those ECN numbers which are listed in the UI but not in WTChangeOrder2 table, The state for the same is shown as "PENDING APPROVAl" but the UI shows the state as "FREEZE". How do I manage my data now as there is a discrepancy in the data getting displayed in the UI and database.

BhushanNehe
14-Alexandrite

Hi Sushmita,

I am not sure if I understand your issue. Can you share a one example related to a particular ECN to demonstrate the discrepancy.

Regards,

Bhushan

JeffZemsky
17-Peridot

Sushmita,

Have you considered using Query Builder?  You can pretty easily create this as a report and expose it for your users - this would further give them the ability to add criteria to refine the results as well as create charts and graphs on the results.  The query example below is in the Windchill 11.0 UI, but would be the same Select statements in previous versions

CN report template Select.png

This yields the following - in this case not all the CNs on this system have need date - you could easily add a criteria to find where Need Date is not null:

cn report.png

Some example graphs added to the chart (you can save the report so these graphs will come up when you launch that Saved report)

CN graphs.png

Thanks a lot Jeffery. I was able to fetch the related information using query builder. It worked.

Top Tags