cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

How to modify Product --->>Details Page?

Selva
1-Newbie

How to modify Product --->>Details Page?

Hello all,

When I click on the details tab under ProductMain tab, I should render the property of the WTPart.

I set the Oid of the part in the NmCommandBean in the details page JSP.

WTPart part = (WTPart ) myObj;

ObjectIdentiferoid = part.getPersistInfo().getObjectIdentifier();

commandBean.setPrimaryOid(oid);

It is working fine and it shows me the Part details (attributes ,third level navigationetc..)

But the actions are not of WTPart , instead it is showing the actions of PDMLinkProduct.

How to modify the actions list?

Do I need to modify infoPage.jspf ? How to modify the renderPropertyPanel?

I did lot of investigations, but dint get any answer. I guess i need to modify the infoPageBean in infoPage.jspf, but i do not know how to do it.

Can anyone help on this?

Thanks in advance

8 REPLIES 8
tbusch
1-Newbie
(To:Selva)

What version of Windchill are you using?

-Thomas R. Busch
Sr. Software Developer
Stryker Instruments
(269) 323-7700 x4014
tom.busch@stryker.com<">mailto:tom.busch@stryker.com>
RussPratt
5-Regular Member

The "Details" tab under the Product tab does not have anything to do with any WTPart object. It is the details of the PDMProduct object. In early versions of PDMLink, when creating a Product you also, at the same time, created an End Item (WTProduct object), whose details could be found by going to the "Structure" tab under the Product tab. As of 9.x PDMLink, this End Item is not longer automatically created, but you may still create an End Item (now WTPart with "end item" flag set)and associate it to the Product as the "Primary End Item". If you do that, the details for that Part will be under the Structure tab.

Russ

Selva
1-Newbie

We are using PDMLink 9.1 M30 version

As

Russell Pratt said in the above reply,

we are creating an End Item (WTPart) and associate it to the PDMLinkProduct and we have to show the details of the WTPart that we associate to the product

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

In 9.x, each WTPart has a Boolean End Item attribute, selected on creation and editable at any time after.

If End Item = true,

- that WTPart is filtered out and displayed in the End Items table on the Details page of the Product in which it is stored.

- That WTPart is also available to select for changes in the Product in which it is stored and similar functionality
ssenthil
1-Newbie

Could you please let us know the business requirements for showing the
details of specific WTPart upon navigating to the product. There may be some
other effective ways for meeting your requirements.

Thank you and have a great time.

Best Regards

Swamy Senthil

Principal Solutions Architect

973 216 0456(M); 973 324 2729(W); 866 908 6561(F)

Work Email: swamy.senthil@swasen.com

LinkedIn Profile:
murucbe
1-Newbie

Hello Selva,

Use a temporary JSP for Product as info page and redirect the request using
response.sendRedirect(targetURL).

Regards,

Murugesh

Selva
1-Newbie

Hi Murugesh,

Yes, it is working fine. But there is small issue in navigating the info pages. "Details" sub tab is not highlighted under the main "Product" tab.

Thanks for your help & Thank u guys.

Selvam

Selva
1-Newbie

Hello Senthil,

We are creating an end item of WTPartinthe PDMLink productand we are least bothered about PDMLinkProduct details. we have to show the info page of the WTPart instead of Product details while navigating the to the "details" tab.

Thanks

Announcements

Top Tags