cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How to register a Windchill server for launching Creo 4.0 compatible with SSO functionality?

NicolasBourgeoi1
13-Aquamarine

How to register a Windchill server for launching Creo 4.0 compatible with SSO functionality?

Hello,

Is there an option or a way to register a Windchill server for launching Creo 4.0 (compatible with SSO functionality) ?

Actually, we have scripts that copy “srv_mgr_db3.fldx” files to help our users to register to PDMLink server without the hassle of entering the url address.

These scripts allow keyusers to launch on dev platforms also.

PTC hotline says fldx files are not supported with SSO (Single Sign On) and Creo 4.0.

Do you know if there is a config option or other methodology to connect to Windchill server after launching Creo 4.0 with SSO functionality?

Thanks 4 your help 😉

++

Nicolas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

"With SSO , you can see Windchill but you are not connected to the server: No Server"
This is correct. The option is only set home page for web browser and not register the server. To register the server need to manualy clik to the icon in the work space area on home page of Windchil. Like in my picture.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Not easiest way, but: toolkit application

Hello,

Could you perhaps detail what is possible with toolkit application ?

Are you working in SSO on Creo4 and Windchill 11 ?

Thank you in advance for some additional details.

Nicolas

Hello.

Not I'm not using SSO.

Maybe I'm wrong, but how I understand PTC case about SSO: if a user manually will register a server, then Successive Creo Parametric sessions will automatically connect to the server without prompting for authentication (as per SSO configuration). So if it is true, then:

1) it is possible to create TOOLKIT application to register a server by pressing a single button (no need to remember URL)

2) write a mapkey

All that is required from the user is to press one button

Hello,

Thank you for your precisions.

We have imagined creating a mapkey for the first registration from Creo.

To avoid the "risk" when to re-activate the connexion with "the button", we think to change the syscol (flashy backgroud color) to make it obvious you need to activate the server once. After the first registrer, the syscol would be the usual background color.

A config.pro option or ENV variable would be a simple way to give the correct URL.

Yet another way:

1. Set config.pro option web_browser_homepage SERVER_URL

2. At the main page of Creo web browser user can register the serverwnc.png

But, it is possible that the alias of the server will be not what you want.

Hello again,

I added the URL in the config.pro web_broser_homepage option.

With SSO , you can see Windchill but you are not connected to the server:  No Server

looks like you are connected but no server is .png

"With SSO , you can see Windchill but you are not connected to the server: No Server"
This is correct. The option is only set home page for web browser and not register the server. To register the server need to manualy clik to the icon in the work space area on home page of Windchil. Like in my picture.

Yes, if you have existing workspaces, you can activate them.

If you are a new user, you will probably have to create a new workspace to activate the first connexion.

Thanks ysinitsyn  4 your help

Nicolas

When I create a new Workspace, I get the message "Add New Server - Are you sure you want to add server xxxx to your server list ? Set As Primary Server option also:

add new server.png

The active server seems to be mounted without entering the URL.

It seems active without entering the URL.png

Top Tags