cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How to restrict access to specific WTPart view versions

Supp
3-Visitor

How to restrict access to specific WTPart view versions

Hello,

in our environment (windchill 11.0 m030) we have different View versions of our WTParts (Design, Manufacturing, SpareParts, and so on...)

We're wondering if it's possible to restrict access to specific views for certain users/groups

ie. Our technical designers would like to be able to see only the Design view and not be bothered with the other ones, including avoiding having those listed when they perform a search

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
SWeiler_9940261
15-Moonstone
(To:Supp)

Do you mean you want to restrict ability to create new view versions? If so, you can do so with policy administration:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs49640?language=en&posno=21&q=view%20version&source=search

Otherwise you can add a filter in asearch to show only specific views.

Actually I mean the ability to view and modify

The reason is, despite the efforts made to educate them to use the advanced search and filter as you mentioned,

some of our users still uses the general search (top right corner), select the wrong view by "mistake" and start to make changes

HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II
(To:Supp)

Hello @Supp 

I would say OOTB is not possible with same lifecycle states.

There is possibility to achieve what you need if WTPart views have different Life Cycle States.

In OIR for WTPart you should define if condition (view.id) to set different Lifecycle template to each view.

Then each view would have diferent states and then you could define ACL rules for each view.

I hope the idea will help.

PetrH

Top Tags