cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to retrieve documents information on WTPart using WTPart ID?

SOLVED
Highlighted

How to retrieve documents information on WTPart using WTPart ID?

I have a WTPart ID "OR:wt.part.WTPart:4911695"

I have DescribedBy and Reference Documents associated with it. How to retrieve the documents information using the part id or WTPartDescribeLink or  WTPartReferenceLink? What does the EndPoint URL look like? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to retrieve documents information on WTPart using WTPart ID?

This REST call will give what you are looking for

GET <windchill_server>:<port>/Windchill/servlet/odata/ProdMgmt/Parts('part_id')?$expand=DescribedBy($expand=DescribedBy),References($expand=References)
3 REPLIES 3

Hello,

I'm not sure if I understood well your question. To retrieve the described by/reference documents you can access the 'Related Objects' tab, tables: Described By/Reference Documents of the Part you want.

No URL will give you that type of information. On the other hand, you could create a SQL statement to pass your WTPart ID and join the describe by and reference tables to retrieve such information.  

Best regards,

Diogo Martins

Hi

The Windchill REST API can be used to retrieve all drawings of a particular part.

Example

https://windchill.acme.com/Windchill/servlet/rest/structure/drawings/OR%3Awt.part.WTPart%3A102799?useParts=true

Result

{
"items": [{
"id": "OR:wt.epm.EPMDocument:102871",
"typeId": "WCTYPE|wt.epm.EPMDocument"
}]
}

Currently, I do not know if there is a way to get other documents than drawings with REST.

Kurt

This REST call will give what you are looking for

GET <windchill_server>:<port>/Windchill/servlet/odata/ProdMgmt/Parts('part_id')?$expand=DescribedBy($expand=DescribedBy),References($expand=References)