cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How to show a direct link to the representation file in search results

cswaner
5-Regular Member

How to show a direct link to the representation file in search results

Greetings Gurus,

I am wondering if anyone has discovered a way to show a direct link to the viewable file (in our case the PDF) for a CAD drawing in the search results or any other view for that matter?

We recently had a member of our user community say the number one enhancement they would like to see in Windchill is the ability to directly open the PDF (resulting from published CAD drawing) directly from the search results table.  It is too many layers down to actually be able to open the PDF file in adobe.

I was thinking maybe using Alias attribute on EPM document to show a link to the associated viewable file?

Any help is appreciated.

BR,

Cam

1 REPLY 1
atokarz
5-Regular Member
(To:cswaner)

Hello,

We did it for one of our customers but usign customization approach and on WTDocument not CAD doc. We introduced new soft attribute so we can add this attribute to search result view of folder view and we provided custom Data Utility class that is taking out the PDF file from the representation and give a user popup to download/open it. I'm not sure if this will work similar way to EPMDocuments (CADs).

Best Regards,

Andrzej Tokarz

Top Tags