cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

How to speedup service execution time

AP_10343008
13-Aquamarine

How to speedup service execution time

When we fetching all levels of cad structure using getStructure API, it took 10 mins to fetch 10,000 documents. How to speed up the service execution time instead of increasing the execution time in backend!!!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cgautier
17-Peridot
(To:nmutter)

Hello AP_10343008,

You encountered low performance while using REST api, thanks for reaching out: This is Charles from PTC Technical Support in Europe, I will provide you assistance on this question.

Can you review kb articles cs398918 ? Unfortunately there is no setting / preference or any other friendly way to get better performance here. Wish I could help you more as I understand how important this is for you.

KR,

Charles.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
nmutter
14-Alexandrite
(To:AP_10343008)

I don't have a direct answer as I do not use the getStructure-API, which I think is a service fetching data from a different system like Windchill?

In case the getStructure call is  used in some bigger service to find the bottleneck maybe you can add some timing debug logs like

logger.info("Starting");
let strucutre = getStructure();
logger.info("structure received");
// doing something additional with the structure
logger.info("did something with it");

and compare the timestamps from the logs. Maybe the issue is not with getStructure, but with the additional stuff done?

If the issue is with the getStructure-call I guess there is not too much we can do. Maybe the transfer of data from the server its fetching from is so slow? Or the server itself needs a lot of time to find all needed documents? If so, maybe you could cache the structure in TWX and only reload it from server after some time? Not sure of the use case and document update rate.

AP_10343008
13-Aquamarine

We need to understand from you in importing windchill's "Comparing CAD Doc to Part" java code in Thingworx!
(or) Importing windchill's java code to get CAD Structure in Thingworx!

Or else we need extension which does cad doc comparison with its parts. 

cgautier
17-Peridot

Hello AP_10343008,

You encountered low performance while using REST api, thanks for reaching out: This is Charles from PTC Technical Support in Europe, I will provide you assistance on this question.

Can you review kb articles cs398918 ? Unfortunately there is no setting / preference or any other friendly way to get better performance here. Wish I could help you more as I understand how important this is for you.

KR,

Charles.

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:cgautier)

Hi @cgautier 

I have experience that usually problem is with disc reading performance, so my advise is use better disc for database with better speed to read. 

PetrH 

Announcements

Top Tags