cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

How to truncate/format the timestamp in Windchill

ChrisPeters
1-Newbie

How to truncate/format the timestamp in Windchill

Hi All,

I want to format/truncate the timestamp which appears for Created On/Last Modified On attributes in Local Time Zone format. I need only the date, not the time. I don't find anything in the preference manager to configure this. Any idea how to approach?

Thanks,

Wasim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I'm not sure where you want to modify these attributes. There are a couple of things you could look at to see what works best for you.

1. The describeColumn tag has a dateDisplayFormat attribute. This would be my preference, assuming it works.

2. You may be able to get away with modifying STANDARD_DATE_TIME_ZONE_DISPLAY_FORMAT in com.ptc.core.ui.componentRB, which would probably change just about everything. I would be worried about unintended consequences with this one.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Wasim,

I'm looking for the same problem as you a year ago. No reply I see. So does it exist to change the format?

Where are the ProE software developers?

Regards

Bernard

I'm not sure where you want to modify these attributes. There are a couple of things you could look at to see what works best for you.

1. The describeColumn tag has a dateDisplayFormat attribute. This would be my preference, assuming it works.

2. You may be able to get away with modifying STANDARD_DATE_TIME_ZONE_DISPLAY_FORMAT in com.ptc.core.ui.componentRB, which would probably change just about everything. I would be worried about unintended consequences with this one.

Thanks a lot Matthew. It worked.

Thanks Matthew and Chris.

The goal is to import this into ProE on drawings. FridayI managed with an extra parameter. This has to implemented in the start part/assembly.

mod_date=extract(ptc_wm_created_on,1,9) It shows only the date with the year "12" as 2012.

Maybe your solution van provide the whole notation 2012.

Regards

Bernard

For anyone else trying to find a solution, this one worked for me:

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS49539

Summary:

There seems to be a hidden config pro option date_type_parameter_format and with the value %yyyy-%mm-%dd you can get the ISO 8601 date format: 2014-02-10.

Top Tags