cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

I am cloning a 10.2 M020 Server.But when I am done all the configuration and trying to start the windchill.I am getting following message in server manager and it gets stuck. Method server does not get launched.

gdhote
1-Newbie

I am cloning a 10.2 M020 Server.But when I am done all the configuration and trying to start the windchill.I am getting following message in server manager and it gets stuck. Method server does not get launched.

2015-06-27 12:02:21,039 INFO  [main] wt.server.manager.startup - ServerManager bound in registry.

2015-06-27 12:02:21,046 INFO  [main] wt.manager.CacheMasterNegotiator - Cache master stub name: CacheMaster

2015-06-27 12:02:21,046 INFO  [main] wt.manager.CacheMasterNegotiator - Using low-locking algorithm

11 REPLIES 11
gdhote
1-Newbie
(To:gdhote)

can anybody please provide the information?

vkumar-5
3-Visitor

Hi

Please remove the cashes and restart the windchill. it should work.

regards,

vijay

TomU
23-Emerald IV

If Vijay's suggestion doesn't work, take a look at CS150162.  I have added the following line to my SQL server database import script:

delete from windchill.RMIStubs where RMIStubs.Name ='CacheMaster'

satre-2
1-Newbie

looks like SM is with for the database connection.

check if you are able to ping DB machine, make sure firewall is turn off and Database User and database mapping in SQL Server Mangement studio

Hope it helps

Shreyas

dpan
1-Newbie

1. Go to Start > Run

2. Type Drivers

3. Go to etc folder

4. Open hosts file in a text editor like notepad

5. Verify IP address and host name are correct

6. Add or Update server alias or name in Hosts file

Note: In case IP address changes frequently then need to update manually every time by contacting respective IT departments of customer

you can view CS125275

fwei
1-Newbie

The sever can not started.

But there is no error in log file.

The only information is like title.

why?

Cat
5-Regular Member
5-Regular Member

I had the same problem: Maps an existing user in a database to a Microsoft® SQL Server™ login.

I have resolved this issue (i.e., MS-SQL 15023)

Please, check the following link for your reference: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa259633(v=sql.80).aspx

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USE wcadmin

GO

EXEC sp_change_users_login 'UPDATE_ONE', wcadmin, wcadmin

GO

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ran into this problem this morning.  It turned out to be a DB connection issue I found per Shreyas Atre comment.  I attempted to connect to my Oracle DB using SQLPlus and I got...

ORA-28000: the account is locked

I unlocked the user by performing the following steps...

sqlplus / as sysdba

alter user yourUserName identified by yourPassword account unlock;

Hope this helps someone.

Now I need to figure out how/why the DB user account got locked.

SergeyEfimov
13-Aquamarine

The question is relevant?

Jun
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Got the same problem. My version is 11.1. Yesterday it can start without any problem. But today cannot start windchill service and get stuck. It's weird that I did nothing more but opening my pc! Have tried to clean cache but no progress. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks
mvajla
12-Amethyst

Today I got the same issue and finally I fixed it.

It was caused by the DB user password expiration - go to the SQLPLUS and try to connect with "oracle" (or another which you have created during installation) and log in. It will ask you to change password.

Then just start Windchill again.

Top Tags