cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

I am not able to view some attributes while trying to make a custom table view for SEARCH bar?

jfrancis
4-Participant

I am not able to view some attributes while trying to make a custom table view for SEARCH bar?

attributes missing to add in view.PNG

There seems to be some attributes missing from the list of available columns. From where is the visibility of these attributes controlled?

10 REPLIES 10
bsindelar
6-Contributor
(To:jfrancis)

Can you elaborate as to which specific attributes are missing that you are looking to add to the search table view?

jfrancis
4-Participant
(To:bsindelar)

I want a column with Description

jfrancis
4-Participant

I wanted to understand how the visibility of these attributes are controlled

bsindelar
6-Contributor

The columns available for view on your search results table will depend on what you searched for, since different object types will have different attributes.  Thus, what you can try is to search for the object(s) that you want by type first (like ONLY EPMDocument, for example) and then go to the view "customize" menu and then either edit the default view that shows or do a "save as" and use that new view as your template.  This works best with searches limited to a single object type.  This should also work for any "multiple type" searches as long as every type in the search contains the attribute.

Access control may also have a bearing on what attributes you see in your new view list.  Do you have site or organization administrator privileges in your Windchill installation?

jfrancis
4-Participant

yes

bsindelar
6-Contributor

Ok - can you note the exact time that you go to the "Select Column Display" step and then look for error message in the MethodServer (and BackgroundMethodServer) logs at that time?  If you see any particular errors, can you post them here?

jfrancis
4-Participant

I got this log file with testjo2 user search criteria in log files search

jfrancis
4-Participant

I could not make out any errors. 

RonThellen
14-Alexandrite

What version of Windchill?  If this is Windchill 11.0 M010, there is a High severity SPR open regarding this. See CS245684 and SPR 6131564 for details.  There is a workaround in the CS document.

jfrancis
4-Participant
(To:RonThellen)

We are currently using Windchill 10.2 MO30

Top Tags