cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

I have 2 users, on different shifts, that need to use the same computer.

bclaerhout
3-Visitor

I have 2 users, on different shifts, that need to use the same computer.

I have 2 users, on different shifts, that need to use the same computer. An error/warning pops up when attempting to register the server for the second user. It is regarding the cache being registered to another user.

What do I need to do to allow multiple users on one computer and not affect the other users workspaces?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This can be controlled using the following environment variables depending on whether you are using Creo or a 3rd part CAD app:

PTC_WF_CACHE

PTC_WF_ROOT

PTC_WLD_ROOT

Make sure when you define these variables that you use the username in there eg PTC_WF_CACHE = c:\windchill\%username%

That way whoever logs on will create their cache in a unique area

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

This can be controlled using the following environment variables depending on whether you are using Creo or a 3rd part CAD app:

PTC_WF_CACHE

PTC_WF_ROOT

PTC_WLD_ROOT

Make sure when you define these variables that you use the username in there eg PTC_WF_CACHE = c:\windchill\%username%

That way whoever logs on will create their cache in a unique area

Simon,

Thanks for the tip.

I used your %username% idea at the end of all the .psf files in the ....parametric\bin directory

ENV=PTC_WF_ROOT=C:\WINDCHILL_CACHE\%username%

Best regards,

Bryan

Announcements

Top Tags