cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Increase the character length for add participant tab.

AD_10463958
2-Guest

Increase the character length for add participant tab.

Increase the character length for add participant tab.When we are searching in add participant tab it is maximum taking 200 character which is a 00TB functionality as per PTC and cannot be changes. We are in Windchill 11.1.

7 REPLIES 7
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:AD_10463958)

You need to search on more than 200 characters????

Good point @BenLoosli ,

I can not imagine that a user's name could be longer then 200 characters.

PetrH

mmeadows-3
14-Alexandrite
(To:HelesicPetr)

My guess is a semicolon separated list of usernames.

{username1};{username2};{username3};...

The workaround for that scenario is to dump the full string of usernames in Notepad++ and split the list so that each search string is less than 200 characters.  Then search one line of usernames at a time.

Seems a lot easier than trying to change Windchill to accept longer search strings.

FYI: That is also what the knowledge base article recommends.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS412991

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:mmeadows-3)

You also run into a limit of how many names can be returned by the search operation.

mmeadows-3
14-Alexandrite
(To:BenLoosli)

Good point, but we can expand the participant search results.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS149582

The more results, the slower the UI will run.  So need to use some common sense on expanding this one.  I usually double it from 100 to 200.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:mmeadows-3)

You can also enable automatic wildcards.  This makes searching for participants much easier.

xconfmanager -s com.ptc.netmarkets.user.principalWildcardSearch=true -t codebase\wt.properties -p

Hi @AD_10463958 

generally you could try to find the jsp page wizard and rewrite a onpaste or onkepress script with higher value.

HelesicPetr_0-1712141710103.png

PetrH

Top Tags