cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Increasing the search results per page limit

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

Increasing the search results per page limit

I had this solution sitting on a call for a long time. Load this
preference using the normal loadFromFile class. The bold text is the
limit. This ups the limit from 100 to 1000 or whatever you like. This
limit is not accessible through the API anywhere. Users preferences
should remain unchanged but now they can change it to a higher value.

<nmloader>

<csvpreferencedefinition<br/>handler="wt.preference.LoadPreference.createPreferenceDefinition">

<csvname>/com/ptc/windchill/enterprise/search/searchTableLimit</csvname>

<csvvisibility>USER</csvvisibility>

<csvcategoryname>SEARCH_CATEGORY</csvcategoryname>

<csvdisplayname>com.ptc.windchill.enterprise.search.client.searchClientR
7 REPLIES 7

Hi Antonio,

thanks a lot for this solution. I'v been looking for something like this for a long time.

Since we are on 9.1 there is a link at the end of the search table, called "Full list", which we have used since then as a workaround.

But haveyou also found something to make the table itself display more than 10 lines? This is something our users complain a lot about, because scrolling 1000 lines in a window displaying only 10 lines is really a pain.

Best regards

Johannes

Hi Johannes,

We just upgraded to 9.1 over the weekend and I have users asking about this as well. Did you find a solution for displaying more then 10 lines?

In Reply to Johannes Schramm:

Hi Antonio,

thanks a lot for this solution. I'v been looking for something like this for a long time.

Since we are on 9.1 there is a link at the end of the search table, called "Full list", which we have used since then as a workaround.

But haveyou also found something to make the table itself display more than 10 lines? This is something our users complain a lot about, because scrolling 1000 lines in a window displaying only 10 lines is really a pain.

Best regards

Johannes

This is a preference.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

If you are referring to the value for result per page, then there is a preference under the preference manager that you can set to increase the result per page for you search operations.

[cid:044082518@24032010-1137]

HTH,

Alexius C. Chukwuka
IT Analyst, PDP Systems
John Deere Power Systems
Product Engineering Center
*Voice: 319-292-8575
*Mobile: 319-429-5336
*FaxFax:319-292-6282
*E-Mail: -

CONFIDENTIALITY. This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it may contain information proprietary to Deere & Company, or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed, shall be maintained in confidence and not disclosed to third parties without the written consent of the sender. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the electronic mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this electronic mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return mail.

Hi Alexius,

What I am trying to do is understand if there is a preference for the scrolling itself. Since the Ajax tables now in 9.1 do not display all results at once but rather populate results as you scroll, we have users that want to see more results populated.

I am not sure if this is possible. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Nice stuff Antonio,

Yea, I had a battle with PTC and they say it is intended functionality that the "Find in Table" functionality is only meant to what is displayed. Not the entire paged table list. Pretty stupid intended functionality. These guys should start talking to the users for the use cases instead of coming up with crappy workarounds. I create a PTC call C6862995 and it even went to Level 0 of support. I would like to see their specs because they keep on saying it works to "spec". Who approved this stupid spec?

I also found if your table is so huge, there is a huge performance hit which is why find in table function is so powerful and efficient if it works.

Hi Joy,

I am not sure if that is possible or not. If it is possible, it might require some customization. However, you can use the "find in table" functionality to locate specific objects resulting from a search operation, on the search table itself.

Have you contacted PTC to see if this is possible?

Thanks

Alexius C. Chukwuka
IT Analyst, PDP Systems
John Deere Power Systems
Product Engineering Center
*Voice: 319-292-8575
*Mobile: 319-429-5336
*FaxFax:319-292-6282
*E-Mail: -

CONFIDENTIALITY. This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it may contain information proprietary to Deere & Company, or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed, shall be maintained in confidence and not disclosed to third parties without the written consent of the sender. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the electronic mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this electronic mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return mail.

Top Tags