cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Windchill Cluster Architecture Sizing

RajeshBalasunda
1-Newbie

Windchill Cluster Architecture Sizing

Hello,

Currently we are running windchill application on a single server (db, cad & fast on seperate servers). Thisapp server has 32gb ram and 4 dual core processors. We aregoingto host the application from our data centre shortly, where we would like to cluster the same for a failover architecture. How should I size the master & the slaves,taking into consideration the current sizing of the app server. Advice on this is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rajesh Balasundaram

1 REPLY 1

Try looking in to RedHat with intel 2 intel quad/i7 sockets with 48GIG of RAM. Depending on your installation, check if it is supported. RedHat is so much better OS system to maintain. You should have a development, test and production server. With just this simple configuration you can use 6 method servers and 3 background. It all depends on your application of Windchill to your business. I remember when I was at Corning performing their Windchill 5.0 implementation. Is Mana still there?

If you believe you need 4 sockets of intel quads/i7s with possibly 16 to 24 CPU cores you can go to a BL680C G6. Windchill 9.1 M050 will be supported on Red Hat 5.# with unlimited RAM.

Announcements

Top Tags