cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Installation failure with Javax.naming.Communication exception

AJ
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Installation failure with Javax.naming.Communication exception

Hi,

Windchill 10.0M010 installation fails during the WindchillDS installation with below exception

DEBUG 2011-09-29 12:11:06 - javax.naming.CommunicationException: Could not connect to the LDAP Server, ldap port: 389 ldap manager: cn=Manager

DEBUG 2011-09-29 12:11:06 - at com.ptc.ldapserver.install.actions.CheckServerStatus.process(CheckServerStatus.java:83)

DEBUG 2011-09-29 12:11:06 - at com.ptc.windchill.install.framework.InstallAction.run(InstallAction.java:483)

DEBUG 2011-09-29 12:11:06 - at com.ptc.windchill.install.framework.InstallAction.install(InstallAction.java:327)

DEBUG 2011-09-29 12:11:06 - at com.zerog.ia.installer.actions.CustomAction.installSelf(DashoA10*..)

DEBUG 2011-09-29 12:11:06 - at com.zerog.ia.installer.InstallablePiece.install(DashoA10*..)

DEBUG 2011-09-29 12:11:06 - at com.zerog.ia.installer.InstallablePiece.install(DashoA10*..)

DEBUG 2011-09-29 12:11:06 - at com.zerog.ia.installer.GhostDirectory.install(DashoA10*..)

and so on...

All locations including that for Java SDK are pointing to the local drives (no UNC locations) and the error is repeatedly appearing on the virtual machine that I am using. This is a remote installation configuration with oracle on a different system, but active directory host is the same as the virtual machine.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Error snapshot is attached.

AJ

6 REPLIES 6

Hi AJ,

It looks like WindchillDS failed to start after installer finished it installation.

I had such issue with WC 9.1 on linux vritual machine.

Go to your WDS installation directory and from bin start the DS. I don't know which OS you are using but it should be start-ds .sh or .bat script.

If it will start try to resum the installation.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the reply. After I get the install abort error, attempting to start WindchillDS tells me that it is already running. Rerunning PSI (recover) but does not recognize the WindchillDS as installed, says WindchillDS folder should be empty for PSI to proceed. Uninstalling WindchillDS and rerunning PSI againd ends up with the same install abort error.

I am using a Windows 2008R2 64 bit OS.

AJ

AJ
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:AJ)

There was a wrong entry in the hosts file for the localhost, and after commenting that out, i was able to successfully complete this install.

Hi AJ,

I am also facing similar kind of problem. Could you please share the correction which you have done in hosts files.

Srikanth

Hi Srikanth,

I don't exactly remember, but it was a wrong name or IP address for the Application server. Once I ensured that the name/IP is correct, the error no longer appeared.

-AJ

Thanks for the advice..AJ

Srikanth

Top Tags