cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

Intralink 10.2 licensing

Robert-Altman
7-Bedrock

Intralink 10.2 licensing

Can anyone help me out with the licensing scheme of (Windchill)/IntraLink 10.2 (not PDMLink)

I'm aware that Windchill/PDMLink utilizes a "Registered User" license (Heavy/Light) but we are not upgrading to PDMLink.

I was speaking with a reseller regarding our pending upgrade and he indicated that IntraLink has the same licensing as PDMLink?

I have always been under the impression that this was not the case?

My license file shows that they are floating seats.

[cid:image002.png@01CFBAF5.43FDE3E0]

Regards,

[cid:012445618@15012007-1FE4]
3 REPLIES 3

Hey Robert,

We are PDMLink-users, but since IntraLink (starting from 😎 and PDMLink (and a lot of other -Links) are all based on the same technology, they all are driven by the same licensing mechanism. So, Creo is still on FlexLM (concurrent users), but everything based on Windchill isn't (registred users).

Regards, Hugo.

<< ProE WF5 - PDMLink 10.1 M040>>

Existing Intralink customers are still permitted to use concurrent licensing.

Ian Bagnald, CISSP
Sr. System Support Analyst
Moog Inc.
Components Group
Halifax Operation
rpassolt
5-Regular Member
(To:Robert-Altman)

Intralink still has a "concurrent" policy despite not utilizing Flexlm to enforce. Creo will need the "Intralink connect" module though which comes with each Intralink in the Flexlm license pack. I've seen the connect module missing occasionally, but PTC will correct if you call license management or log a call online.

Regards,
Rick Passolt
Fishbowl Solutions

Rick Passolt

Fishbowl Solutions

rpassolt@fishbowlsolutions.com

www.fishbowlsolutions.com

Â

Announcements

Top Tags