cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Intralink 3.3

hcortez1
1-Newbie

Intralink 3.3

I've recently ran into some issues with Intralink. When it first started happening i could'nt check anything at all back into the database. I was getting an error that the "vaults and databases were in read only mode".

I do not even understand why this happened unless it was possible my server back-ups were locking them out to get good back-ups and then failing which left the databases in a state of dismay?

Then at some point your able to check files in with nothing being touched on the servers. Now i can check .prt's in but i can not check in .drw's or .asm's. i get the error "Check in was unsuccessful, check your log files".. Its got me pulling my hair out because nothing has changed on the server yet I'm having all these issues out of the blue.

I looked at the .dbb files on local comps and the server, they arent huge by any means.. 500 meg maybe if they are lucky. I read somewhere online these could cause issues if they exceeded half of your ram size!

Ive made sure listeners are on, restarted the server, restarted services etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, or I'll be doing some manual file placement for awhile.

2 REPLIES 2

The database files likely have to be resized. There is a fixed size they can grow to (which is fairly small by default) and they need to be manually resized to grow beyond that.

This is a document I made for myself a few years ago which I think has enough info to determine if this is the problem..

Cheers

Ian Bagnald
System Support Analyst Sr.

Moog Inc.
Components Group
Halifax Operation

For starters i want to say "thank you" to all replied to my post!

The issue has been resolved with some help from Boston Engineering and PTC. For one, the tables needed to be re-sized which was part of the problem. The other problem causing the issue was a 12560 protocol error when trying to re-size tables or connect to sqlplus. Which is why i could not re-size the tables on my own with the help from many on this forum!

Come to find out, i was missing the ORA_DBA as a group user which was causing the TNS-12560 protocol error. I'm not sure why it was missing to begin with, but I'm back online "checking-in" eveything like a champ! I hope this information can somehow someway help another user in the future.

Once again thanks for the help, much appreciated!

Top Tags