cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Is it possible to create a Query Builder report for a ProjectLink Routing?

mdebower
18-Opal

Is it possible to create a Query Builder report for a ProjectLink Routing?

My company has a need to create a report of routings being done in ProjectLink Projects.   Ideally we would like to report on the following:  (See Screenshots for examples.)

• Routing Instructions
  • Participants in the routing
  • Participant Comments
  • Participant Votes
  • State of routing

Before I spend much time walking down a dead end, does anyone know if this can be done?   Or how would you approach solving the problem?

-marc

20170131-113727.png

20170131-113739.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Well I submitted a case to PTC Tech Support and the answer that they came back with is....  you can't get the routing instructions into a QML report because that information is stored in the database blob.

Which was one of the main reasons we wanted the report....

So attached is the supplied PTC QML file that does everything BUT that.

Oh, well.

-marc

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

We had a requirement for a similar report,that was around a custom workflow. Between the below tables I was able to get most of the information I wanted. The output required some transformation, I was able to use the Cognos developer to present the data, the way the users wanted.

voting.jpg

Well I submitted a case to PTC Tech Support and the answer that they came back with is....  you can't get the routing instructions into a QML report because that information is stored in the database blob.

Which was one of the main reasons we wanted the report....

So attached is the supplied PTC QML file that does everything BUT that.

Oh, well.

-marc

Sorry you hit that road block, routing instructions was not a requirement for us. Did you check with them whether it is possible using Java methods in Query Builder?

Sorry Binesh,  I did not.

-marc

Top Tags