cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Is it possible to restore Windchill data with only Db Backup and without LDAP and Vault Backup?

Nanmar
11-Garnet

Is it possible to restore Windchill data with only Db Backup and without LDAP and Vault Backup?

Actually I was having SQL DB Backup and dosen't have LDAP and Vault Backup.

I have restore SQL Backup with Fresh Installation and now I was able to login through windchill.

I can able to see my previous data but unable to download or open it...

So my query is Only the metadata will get saved in DB or it will also have a copy of our data that we have in Vaults.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

No if you have configured to use vault, the files will not be moved to blobs

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Default out of the box installation of Windchill will store all the files in the DB as BLOB, since dbs are not optimal for storing large files, PTC recommends to switch to file vaults by setting a property(s) in wt.properties. When you use file vaults, the database stores just the metadata(think of it like a lookup table) and actual files goes in to file vault. The name of the files in the file vault are based on a hexadecimal sequence and the lookup for this is in the database. 

The local LDAP stores configuration information as well principal information. The configuration information includes naming services, task delegates, the principal information includes administrative users, Organization, users to group and group to group information. So you can't get rid of LDAP

So as you said it was clear if we configure vault the data will be stored in Vaults and the metadata will be stored in DB, Here my query is will the data stored in vault will also be copied to DB after some period of time..

No if you have configured to use vault, the files will not be moved to blobs

Top Tags