cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Is it possible to use loadFromFile to load ad-hoc acl?

yigu
7-Bedrock

Is it possible to use loadFromFile to load ad-hoc acl?

Hi,

I am trying to set access permission for each folder, however, it would be very time consuming using GUI.

Is there a way to load ad-hoc acl like load "normal" access permission?

btw, I am using 10.1M050.

Many thanks

6 REPLIES 6
BhushanNehe
14-Alexandrite
(To:yigu)

Hi Yifu,

I doubt if there is any loader for Ad-hoc ACL's . Are you using PDMLink or ProjectLink? There are also other options like associating domain to a folder and having separate set of access permission defined on that domain.

Regards,

Bhushan

Hi Bhushan,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm using PDMLink. Associate different folder with different domain is indeed a good idea, however, the sub domain will inherit permission from parent domain, which makes me cannot think straight.

A

┣B

┗C

This might be childish, if I want to let a user/role can only access folder C through A, and keeping B invisible to user. What is the best practice of settings in Windchill?

Many thanks,

Yifu

BhushanNehe
14-Alexandrite

Hi Yifu,

Are you simply trying to hide folder B to users or even the content. If you hide folder B by not granting Ad-hoc permission, I believe the objects in folder B would still be searchable if users have Read permission on those objects.

Regards,

Bhushan

Yes, that's true. I should re-think the whole thing. Thanks for the help!

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II

Going back to the idea of changing folder domains, you can always override the parent domain permissions by specifying explicit Deny permissions on the necessary object types in the sub-domain. Will that work for you?

yigu
7-Bedrock
(To:LoriSood)

Deny permissions would be the solution, just personally not want to use deny permissions. Thanks!

Top Tags