cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Is there a way I can restrict user from modifying CAD part in workspace without checkout. Currently windchill allows to modify if we select continue in creo conflict window. But changes are saved to windchill commonspace only when we checkout and checkin.

apatel-2
2-Guest

Is there a way I can restrict user from modifying CAD part in workspace without checkout. Currently windchill allows to modify if we select continue in creo conflict window. But changes are saved to windchill commonspace only when we checkout and checkin.

Is there a way I can restrict user from modifying CAD part in workspace without checkout. Currently windchill allows to modify if we select continue in creo conflict window. But changes are saved to windchill common space only when we checkout and checkin.I have everything which is not checked out should be ready only or locked.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I think you're talking about 'locking' workspace objects. The screenshots below were with Windchill 10.1.

For the active workspace within Creo, you can manually select objects to lock:

Manually Lock Workspace Objects.jpg

You can change the user's Windchill settings to lock objects automatically while being added to a workspace:

Windchill Auto 1.jpg

Automatically Lock Workspace CAD 1.jpg

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I think you're talking about 'locking' workspace objects. The screenshots below were with Windchill 10.1.

For the active workspace within Creo, you can manually select objects to lock:

Manually Lock Workspace Objects.jpg

You can change the user's Windchill settings to lock objects automatically while being added to a workspace:

Windchill Auto 1.jpg

Automatically Lock Workspace CAD 1.jpg

ChiragSuthar
5-Regular Member
(To:lhoogeveen)

Use this with caution,

If other team members are modifying parts.

Our local work space is not synchronised until we unlock the parts which are added to work space.

Top Tags