cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Is there a way to automate creating Creo viewables in a Windchill workflow?

TS_10220589
3-Visitor

Is there a way to automate creating Creo viewables in a Windchill workflow?

I am using Windchill PDMLink Release 12.0 and Datecode with CPS 12.0.0.0

I'm working on developing a workflow that should allow users to check-in Creo models/drawings into Windchill and also have viewables for those Creo objects created in Windchill. Currently, I have creating the Creo viewables set as an assigned activity task in the workflow. However, I was wondering if there was possibly a way to automate having those Creo viewables created in the workflow after they're checked in or reworked?

6 REPLIES 6

Viewables are linked an associated with the Creo CAD objects in the system. I believe the default settings for the WVS publisher and queues are setup to publishing on check in. No special workflows needed. 

WVS in Windchill help 

Read above. Is there something else you need system to do?

Thanks for your response, I was wondering where you would go to check those settings for the WVS publisher?

I'm a newbie to Windchill so sorry if that's a simple question 🙂

Yes, this is very doable.

Windchill has supported API that can be triggered from a workflow (or anywhere else in Windchill for that matter).

You can specify config spec (Latest, As Stored, Baseline. etc) as well as other options such should the rep be the default rep.

I usually also run code to delete old rep first, then publish. If the publishing job fails for any reason this is returned to the workflow and a task is sent to whoever you want so that the workflow stops until the publishing problem is resolved.

I’ve doing it way for many years. Works well and seems to be bombproof.

David

Thanks for your response, is there a specific utility within that you can use to specify those configurations?

Sorry if that's a simple question, I'm still learning all about the Windchill world 🙂

@TS_10220589 

I write my own utilities and customize them per customer request. None of it’s OOTB but it is supported.

If you need something let me know.

Hello TS_10220589,

I'm Charles from PTC Technical Support in Europe.

As follow-up to your request and information already provided by d_graham and avillanueva, will you need further support?

I remain at your disposal for any questions or concerns.

Kind Regards,

Charles Gautier.

Top Tags