cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Issues printing to file

amedina-3
1-Newbie

Issues printing to file

Good Afternoon,

Background

1. Windchill Quality Solutions 10.0 Enterprise Edition M220 (FRACAS/RELEX)

2. WIndows 7 Professional

3. Adobe Acrobat X Pro

4. Microsoft Word 2010

Issue

I am having issues printing to file (either word or pdf). Windchill is apparently saving a 0 kb file (.doc or .pdf) and when I try to open it with Adobe, it's no surprise that I get the following error: "Acrobat could not open 'FILE NAME.pdf' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded). To create an Adobe PDF document, go to the source application. Then print the document to Adobe PDF."

I have tried reinstalling the printer and then changing the 'Windchill Quality Solutions 10.0 Printer" Printer Properties (Ports Tab) by checking the port to "FILE" (it was previously set to "nul" after installation) with no results.

What am I missing?

Please help! Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

if you have active Global Support at PTC then you are allowed to contact PTC Support and ask them for a help.

MH

Martin Hanák

Good day Alexander,

PTC Community help is for assistance with Jive (out community platform), or general community questions.

This appears to be a Windcill question so I am moving it to the Windchill community in order to get the right eyes on it.

Best,

Toby

Top Tags