cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Java NullpointerException when removing Selected Assembly and Move Up Child Parts-BOM Transformer

DN_11160103
3-Visitor

Java NullpointerException when removing Selected Assembly and Move Up Child Parts-BOM Transformer

Version: Windchill 12.1

Use Case: Removing a sub-assembly and promoting all child parts to the next highest assembly from MBoM. The selected sub assembly should be removed, and the child parts should be moved up in the assembly, but I am experiencing java.lang.NullPointerException.

Description:

Removing a sub-assembly and promoting all child parts to the next highest assembly.
To remove a sub assembly from an assembly:
1.Select the assembly to be removed from a list of items of MBoM downstream.

2.Click Editing > Remove Selected Assembly and Move Up Child Parts. Alternatively, right-click and select Remove Selected Assembly and Move Up Child Parts. The Remove Selected Assembly and Move Up Child Parts dialog box opens.
3.Click OK. The selected sub assembly should be removed, and the child parts should be moved up in the assembly, but I am experiencing java.lang.NullPointerException.

Screenshot 2024-07-24 075445.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @DN_11160103,

Thank you for your question. 

Your post appears well documented but has not yet received any response. I am replying to raise awareness. Hopefully, another community member will be able to help.

Regards,

Vivek N
Community Moderation Team.

Hello @DN_11160103 

You should contact a system administrator to check the methodserver logs where you can get more information. 

There can be some missing information in the bom or what ever.

Without logs it is hard to say why there is null point exception. 

There can be wrong link, missing link or missing some information based on the view configuration.

PetrH

Announcements

Top Tags