cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Latest Iteration refresh on Promotion Request (PromotionNotice)?

lgrant
14-Alexandrite

Latest Iteration refresh on Promotion Request (PromotionNotice)?

Windchill 10.1 promotion Request workflow.

I am using a Promotion Request to set the state on EPM and WTdocuments. I have a “rework” loop back to the author from a Approver task. At that rework loop the objects are unlocked and set back to a modifiable state. There is then a Conditional check to confirm that the iterations are all at the correct state. The latest iteration is then refreshed onto the promotion objects table. Before the Promotion Request is returned to the Approvers, it is Locked (objects set to a review only state).

This is all close to the Out Of Box configuration.

My Question (problem).

During the Approval role I have a controlled set of users who I have granted the ability to modify one document type. This results in a new iteration at the same Locked state (Under Review).

This creates two problems in my workflow. 1) The Conditional check on the Rework loop gets tripped as the Unlock only sets the highest iteration to Draft (modifiable state) and leaves the original Under Review iteration. 2) Without a rework loop, the workflow only promotes the original iteration on the Promotion Objects table and leaves the highest iteration at Under Review.

What I need is a workflow step at Refreshes all the Promotion Objects to the highest iteration.

I could then place that workflow step after the Approvers have approved (and one object was updated) so all objects on the promotion objects table are latest.

I could also place it before the rework loop and remove the state check on the Conditional loop.

I don’t know code but I think it has something to do with this:

1. wt.maturity.PromotionNotice pn = (wt.maturity.PromotionNotice)primaryBusinessObject;

try

{

com.ptc.windchill.enterprise.maturity.PromotionNoticeWorkflowHelper.refresh(pn);

wt.maturity.MaturityServerHelper.service.lockTargets (pn);

}

catch( Exception wte )

{

wte.printStackTrace();

}

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
lgrant
14-Alexandrite
(To:lgrant)

My fix for now is to use the same rework loop to unlock/lock objects as that brings the current version onto the table.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
lgrant
14-Alexandrite
(To:lgrant)

My fix for now is to use the same rework loop to unlock/lock objects as that brings the current version onto the table.

Top Tags