cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Layout (.lay) file incorrectly lists dependents.

Milkman
3-Visitor

Layout (.lay) file incorrectly lists dependents.

The info for my layout file shows files listed as dependent. When I check the declared layout for these "dependent" files, there are none; as I have undeclared the layout. These files have not yet been checked in so there is no older versions linking them. I am not able to remove these unused files and I cannot check in my layout file without also checking in these obsolete files.Capture.JPG

The ob_w160a* files are obsolete. They have no Declared Layouts, yet they show up like in the image above.

Capture2.JPG

Above is the info for one of the obsolete files. It shows that it is referenced by 3 files. I checked the references in the .drw files and the obsolete files are not shown. The reference viewer is not a selectable option from within the layout file, so I have no idea how to even break reference in it. I don't even understand why a layout file would be referencing anything. Files reference layouts, not the other way around.

If anyone knows what I'm doing wrong, please help.

3 REPLIES 3
ifry
5-Regular Member
(To:Milkman)

Greg, did you ever resolve this? Layouts are maddening in PDMLink with incorrect circular refferences that seem to come from the drawing world of PTC. You decribe the issue perfectly.

Milkman
3-Visitor
(To:ifry)

Ian,

Nope, never figured out the problem.

ifry
5-Regular Member
(To:Milkman)

Greg,

Thanks for the response. Never use layouts (notebooks) is my lesson learned.

Top Tags