cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Links for newst Version instedt of a certain version of an object in 9.1

Brokholm
4-Participant

Links for newst Version instedt of a certain version of an object in 9.1

Hi,

When you use the Email page function in Windchill 9.1 it sent a link to to a certain version, for instens A.1.

So if I modify the the part and it gos to A.2 the link will still sent my to A.1

Now the qusiten.

I having a descriptin doccument outside Windchill, where i would like to make a link to the part it descrips in PDMlink, but I want it to link to the newst so if I update the part to A.2 I do not need to updated the link in the doccument from A.1 to A.2

Anyone now if that is possibel in Windchill?

I have seen the function in other systems.

2 REPLIES 2

Would you be able to create a JSP page that will take oid as a paramater (Oid could be old iteration) and use the oid to get the latest object and forward the page to the details page of the latest object? You will need some programming background ofcourse.

Thank you

Sudeep Bhattarai

I have no progamming exprinces, so that my be a bit to difficult of me to make. 🙂

And as it is only in a few cases I need it, it my not be the effort worht.

What I was hoping for was a simple way to get the link, that I just didn't now of.

But it do not look like that exist.

Thank you for you suggestions 🙂

Best regards

Thomas Brokholm

Top Tags