cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Mail Intergration

Amirtharaj_K
15-Moonstone

Mail Intergration

Hi Guys,

@HelesicPetr 

I am looking for the mail intergration, i installed hmail Server (intergrated with Windchill) and configured with Thunderbird. If i send a mail, other person can received that mail, but when i create a promotion request that concern person is not received the notification.

This are the comment which i used:

xconfmanager -t codebase/wt.properties -s wt.mail.mailhost=PDS.name.com:25 -p
xconfmanager -t codebase/wt.properties -s wt.mail.properties=D:\Windchill_12.1\mail.properties -p
xconfmanager -t codebase/wt.properties -s wt.mail.from=Postmaster@$(wt.rmi.PDS.name.com) -p
xconfmanager -t codebase/wt.properties -s wt.workflow.work.UseDefaultNotificationSenderEmail=true

Regards,

Aj

19 REPLIES 19

Hi @Amirtharaj_K 

Does your hmail server use credentials to send a mesages? 

if so you need to set a login user with password in the Windchill properties. 

xconfmanager -p -s wt.mail.smtp.username=<mail-user> -t codebase/wt.properties

xconfmanager -p -s wt.mail.smtp.password=<mail-user-password>  -t codebase/wt.properties

Or set the hmail server to do not use the login. 

I always use a login for emailing and yes I also use hmail server 😄 

PetrH

Thanks for the replay @HelesicPetr 

xconfmanager -t codebase/wt.properties -s wt.mail.properties=C:\Mail_Configuration\mail.properties -p

if i run the above comment i got a output like this in "wt.properties: wt.mail.properties=C\:Mail_Configurationmail.properties"

can u help on this

Regards,

Aj

Hi @Amirtharaj_K 

You need to use the double "\" in the folder path

for example 

"E:\\Windchill_12.0\\creo_view_adapters"

PetrH

Thanks @HelesicPetr 

I only receive mail from one person to another person. I can't receive promotion requests from Windchill Notification Mail.

Can you share some documents for this, like a step-by-step procedure?

Regards,

Aj

Hi @Amirtharaj_K

If you say a one to an another you mean from Windchill page email or from the mail box manager? 

HelesicPetr_0-1707305128215.png

If you are talking about the windchill page email then the mail communication is OK and the root case with workflow can be that the task is not set to send a initial email . . 

PetrH

Thanks for the quick response @HelesicPetr 

I attached my configuration on below.

If you say a one to an another you mean from Windchill page email or from the mail box manager?  

1. For example i have a two user one is Administrator@wc.com and other user is WTC_admin@wc.com i configured in thunderbird for mail receiver and if i send a mail eachother they can received.

2. But if i create a promotion request i can received the mail right? here i can't

3. Administator is Administration level is "server" other is normal user.

Regards,

Aj 

Hi @Amirtharaj_K 

As I've written,

You need to configure your windchill to communicate with hmail server. 

Check the mail queue if there are some errors.

HelesicPetr_0-1707306105327.png

PetrH

Hi @HelesicPetr 

I can only see this. I can't see the 'EMail Queue' and I also attached a failed queue. And I am really sorry to say that I never used queue management before.

Amirtharaj_K_0-1707306260785.png

Regards,

Aj

So there are 8 error entries.

You need to check why they have failed.

PetrH

Article - CS26210
Cannot send mail with 'E-mail page' functionality with error: 'Could not initialize class wt.mail.EMailMessage' in UI in Windchill PDMLink
@HelesicPetrI have received this article. Please give me some time to check it and come back.

Thanks for supporting highlighting the points.

Regards,

Aj

Hi @Amirtharaj_K 

This is a very typical email integration problem

1. Please modify this file <Windchill_Home>\tasks\wt\mail\Sendmail.xml
  2. Find <ie:param name="FROM" data="${@FORM[0]FROM[0]}" default="<%=DEFAULT_FROM%>"/>
  3. Add your Fixed sender <ie:param name="FROM" data="XXX@XXX.xxx" default="<%=DEFAULT_FROM%>"/>
  4. Save it
  5. Restart Windchill and test

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS410413

Thanks for the Replay @HelesicPetr , @Rocket_Max 

@HelesicPetrI can see the Email queue in Queue Management, but the status is ready. How can we proceed?

Amirtharaj_K_0-1707377366969.png

Regards,

Aj

Hi @Amirtharaj_K 

It will send several times, and then if there is error it fails

If there is no error, it will disappear 

The queue is processed by Background method server if it is set. So you should just wait. 

Or check the log files if there is any information about emailing. Also you can set a debug level for emailing and check how it goes. 

If the background method server is not set then it is processed by Standard Method server and also you need to wait. 

PetrH

@HelesicPetr Couldn't connect to host, port: PDS.wc.com, 25; timeout -1

I got this error in Emailqueue.

Aj

Hi @Amirtharaj_K 

So your server can not connect to the PDS.wc.com address on port 25

Something block the communication. 

It is not problem with Windchill itself there is problem with the address PDS.wc.com and port

be sure you use correct letters it can be case sensitive so I would recommend use always small one. 

Also check host file if there is correct IP address to your web mail server. 

Also check any firewall or any other security app that can block the communication. 

Also check if the hmail server are not blocking the communication based on some spam rules. 

PS> this is common network error when the Windchill server can not see the hmail server. 

is your hmail server really placed on the PDS.wc.com server and with correct IP address?

PetrH

Hi @Amirtharaj_K 

Firstly, ensure that your hmail server is functioning properly, and then consider integrating with Windchill.

You can install an email client to assist in checking your email server and ensure that emails can be sent and received normally through the email client. You will find answer from https://www.hmailserver.com/docs

You are only one step away from success, good luck for you

Hi @Rocket_Max 

If you read carefully you will find that he's already done this.

PetrH

Hi @HelesicPetr 

Thank you for the reminder. Indeed, he has already done so.
This chat sequence is a bit chaotic for me

Curious_George
5-Regular Member
(To:Rocket_Max)

Try using the Java Simple Mail CLI to send test emails to your hmail server.
Use the mail properties from wt.properties.

Simple Java Mail - CLI

Top Tags