cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Make annotated viewable default upon publish?

acoates
1-Newbie

Make annotated viewable default upon publish?

Hi All,

We have recently updated our approval process to include publishing a viewable at a state change as we have the status (In Work, Under Review or Released) in our drawing border. This means that if, during the approval process, annotations are saved, they are not visible on the "default" viewable (screenshot from the "Content" tab in Windchill below):

I can manually go into this tab and select the version with the annotation to be the default (last in the list above), but this is onerous. Can it be set to occur automatically, somehow? Is there a line of could that runs an if function to search for an annotation? In terms of code, we currently have the following additional variables to permit our publishing process:

1. publish.republishonepmdocumentchange=true
  2. wvs.properties

Many thanks in advance,

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello

Sorry, I do not have a straight answer but instead a question 😮

If you manage to automate the Set Default annotated view you take the risk that the life cycle state can be wrong.

If the view was created before a change state this will be the case. Your annotated view is not automatically republish and if so, are the annotation kept ?

I would test this before making the change.

I see a potential risk there.

Best regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello

Sorry, I do not have a straight answer but instead a question 😮

If you manage to automate the Set Default annotated view you take the risk that the life cycle state can be wrong.

If the view was created before a change state this will be the case. Your annotated view is not automatically republish and if so, are the annotation kept ?

I would test this before making the change.

I see a potential risk there.

Best regards

Hi Chris. That's a good shout. The annotated drawings remains at "Under Review" whereas the rejected viewable reads "In Work". I'll manage it with appropriate user guidance. Thanks!

Top Tags