cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Make checkbox visible on "Configure Actions for Roles" for existing library/product

TamasBiro
11-Garnet

Make checkbox visible on "Configure Actions for Roles" for existing library/product

Hi everyone,

I want to enable the "Add to Workspace" action for guest users in a library. On the team view if I open up the "Configure Actions for Roles" the checkbox is not visible for the Guest role.

I found the roleaccessprefs.xml file in codebase, where I can make the "Add to Workspace" action available and enabled for guest role. However this will make the new libraries created have the checkbox available and enabled, but the already existing libraries will not be updated. How could I update the existing ones?

Thx in advance,

Tamás

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

In the end I figured there are multiple sections in the roleaccessprefs.xml. There are sections separately for product, library and project. The problem was that I modified in the wrong section. 

BR,

Tamás

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

The guest role do not have an action "add to workspace" in a context.

In the end I figured there are multiple sections in the roleaccessprefs.xml. There are sections separately for product, library and project. The problem was that I modified in the wrong section. 

BR,

Tamás

Top Tags