cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Mapping WTpart attributes to EPM document

Chris17
11-Garnet

Mapping WTpart attributes to EPM document

Hello,

I have a WTpart attribute which stores the corresponding ERP number ERP_number. I would like to show this attribute on the EPM document info page for information only. So I created an alias attribute on the EPM document with the following mapping:

reference^wt.part.WTPart~ERP_number

Unfortunatly, this isn't working. Is the mapping correct?

When I set the attribute on the WTpart, the EPM document is potentially not checked out. I could map the WTpart attribute to the EPM document master and map this again to the EPM document. Seems to me a bit overdone for such a simple requirement...is this the way to go?

Thanks a lot for any hints on how to solve this.

Best

Chris

1 REPLY 1

Hi Chris,

I hope you found the answers since you post the question ;). The type of link between WTPart and EPMDocument is certainly the "owner" relationship(not the "reference", so from https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS131355?source=ArticleViewerOthersLiked&sourcearticle=CS38700

• Note: When the mapping involves soft type attributes ensure that the fully qualified internal names are used in the mapping
    • Example: for mapping WPart subtype (e.g. com.ptc.ptcts.TSPart) attributes (e.g. com.ptc.ptcts.TSAttr) on the associated CAD Document use [builtBy@wt.epm.build.EPMBuildHistory~built^com.ptc.ptcts.TSPart~com.ptc.ptcts.TSAttr] as mapping

the definition would be in your case:

builtBy@wt.epm.build.EPMBuildHistory~built^wt.part.WTPart~ERP_number

Top Tags