cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Generic CAD Worker for DWG to PDF

ME_CADADMIN
12-Amethyst

Generic CAD Worker for DWG to PDF

Summary:

I am following the PTC support article to setup a Generic CAD Worker to create a pdf viewable using accoreconsole.exe (AutoCAD) of an AutoCAD .dwg file that exists as a CAD Document in Windchill. I followed all setup steps and am able to see my worker on-line. When I attempt to start the worker and publish a job (step 10) nothing is published. I don't think this is an issue with the AutoCAD portion (which PTC mentions they will not support). I think this is an issue with my Generic worker setup.

Observations:

• When I start the worker from the Worker Agent Administration, I get a worker log that appears to show a successful start. (worker log at start log attached)
  • I see successful communication messages in the cadagent log on the windchill server for this worker. (cadagent log attached)
  • When I publish a .dwg from Windchill I get a job log (viewed in the WVS Monitor) and a Generic CAD worker log (found in the folder setup following the article).
    • The job log reports an error, with no detail. I notice in the job log that the Authoring Application is Creo...that is incorrect, but I am unsure how to change it. (job log attached)
    • The worker log makes it look like no actions are being taken. (worker log attached)

1. Has anyone had success following this article? 
  2. Does anyone have any ideas what my logs are telling me?
  3. any advice in steps to debug? I tried adding pauses to the various bat files provided by the article to look at inputs at various stages. I tried running the bat files locally on the publisher machine with local inputs. Neither of these methods helped.

Other thoughts:

1. I have three workers on the publishing machine. I think aliasing is setup correctly. I see the three workers in the agent.ini file and they all appear to have correct params. Additionally my Creo drawings are still publishing as expected from the other 2 workers.
  2. my input files are not correct. .dwg stored in windchill as cad documents.
  3. missing some fundamental prereq

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@ME_CADADMIN 

From the job logs 

Feb 1, 2023 9:56:26 AM:Start: Other - 3000580.DWG, -.0
Feb 1, 2023 9:56:26 AM:Authoring Application: Creo
Feb 1, 2023 9:56:26 AM:Creo Assembly Conversion

This is suggesting that the dwg file you are trying to publish is authored by Creo instead of Autocad 

- Do you know if this file was checked in via Autocad using WWGM ?

In the successfule job i would expect to see following

Feb 1, 2023 1:34:25 PM:Authoring Application: AutoCAD
Feb 1, 2023 1:34:25 PM:Transferring Files to: C:\ptc\Windchill_11.1\Windchill\temp\pubtemp\publish514906535694670529.tmp
Feb 1, 2023 1:34:26 PM:Number of Files Transferred: 3
Feb 1, 2023 1:34:26 PM:AutoCAD Component Conversion

The information page of the object should provide the details 

VishwasAnantwar_0-1675366267718.png

Regards,

Vishwas 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@ME_CADADMIN 

From the job logs 

Feb 1, 2023 9:56:26 AM:Start: Other - 3000580.DWG, -.0
Feb 1, 2023 9:56:26 AM:Authoring Application: Creo
Feb 1, 2023 9:56:26 AM:Creo Assembly Conversion

This is suggesting that the dwg file you are trying to publish is authored by Creo instead of Autocad 

- Do you know if this file was checked in via Autocad using WWGM ?

In the successfule job i would expect to see following

Feb 1, 2023 1:34:25 PM:Authoring Application: AutoCAD
Feb 1, 2023 1:34:25 PM:Transferring Files to: C:\ptc\Windchill_11.1\Windchill\temp\pubtemp\publish514906535694670529.tmp
Feb 1, 2023 1:34:26 PM:Number of Files Transferred: 3
Feb 1, 2023 1:34:26 PM:AutoCAD Component Conversion

The information page of the object should provide the details 

VishwasAnantwar_0-1675366267718.png

Regards,

Vishwas 

Thus seems like the likely issue. I need time to setup WWGM, but will update when I have tested. Thanks for sharing this helpful info.

Top Tags