cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Multiple Release Targets

wharaden1
6-Contributor

Multiple Release Targets

I am using Windchill PDMLink Release 11.0 and Datecode with CPS M030

Hi,

I am trying to get the functionality of Multiple Release Targets and I am trying to Migrate into Windchill 12.1 and would like to get this functionality working before I move to Windchill 12.1, I have added the a new life Cycle state and still does not work. All I want is for the pull down to happen when you want to select on e of the multiple Release Target states. Please help me get this running so I continue my migration.... TY Bill H. PS I realize we are at Windchill 11.0 but I see in Windchill 12.1 it has the same functionality but want to see this operate before I bring the database across. I don't want the new system to be un available.

Please call.
8 REPLIES 8

Hello @wharaden1 

First you need to allow the Multiple Release Targets by preference for example on site/Utilities/Preference Management. 

HelesicPetr_0-1649319245483.png

If you need your custom state as a target you need to modify the LifeCycleTemplate and use some of transactions which are allowed in Change process

CHANGE,PRODUCTION_RELEASED,OBSOLESCENCE

In change task and selection Release Target State you always see the transaction name (not target State).

If you need that the option name should be same as target state, then you need to customize transactions a way as you add custom lifecycle state but you chose transaction.rbinfo file. 

Add new transactions to the list of allowed released target transactions in wt.preference

wt.change2.changeTransitions

default value is "CHANGE,PRODUCTION_RELEASED,OBSOLESCENCE" (I would check it in your system)

in the windchill shell run xconfmanager tool to change this property with your transactions that equals to your states.

After restart server you can use transactions in your lifecycle template. 

I use it several times that users do not care what is change, ProductionReleased options and they just chose correct name of state in change task. 

Hope this general description can help. 

PetrH

wharaden1
6-Contributor
(To:HelesicPetr)

Hi Petr,

I have done everything accept I can find where the " transaction.rbinfo"  is located.  In the EnumCustomize I don't see this .

Where is this located.  I know it must be under lifecycle but not sure.  TrasitionRB.RB.ser.  Thats all I see.  If that is it then I have customized this and still does not give me the pull down.  Call me at 262-560-3217.

Regards,

Bill Haraden

wharaden1
6-Contributor
(To:wharaden1)

Hi Petar,

I found my TransitionRB.rbinfo file.

It looks like this:

wharaden1_0-1649964531655.png

wharaden1
6-Contributor

Here is what my EnumCustomize looks like:

wharaden1_1-1649964771496.png

Don't these have to equal or if you have some instruction on what to change please.

Ty

Bill Haraden

Hi @wharaden1 

If you edit a rbinfo file you need to run ant makejar script after a save in the enumcustomization wizard .

makejar propagates changes to the Windchill.

from Windchill shell run following command:

ant -f codebase/MakeJar.xml

Stop windchill

clear tomcat cache

Start Windchill

After that you should see the transitions in a LifeCycle editor

enumcustomization editor

HelesicPetr_0-1650349969882.png

wt.properties (used internal name)

HelesicPetr_1-1650350005942.png

LifeCycle editor with transitions

HelesicPetr_2-1650350171162.png

The result in Change management SetReleaseTarget with multiple transitions

HelesicPetr_3-1650350271421.png

LifeCycle of an object

HelesicPetr_4-1650350479559.png

Hope this can help.

PetrH

wharaden1
6-Contributor

Please call as I have not got this working.

Hi @wharaden1 

Where's the trouble?

Can you see transitions in a LifeCycle template edit wizard? to be sure that custom transitions are there. 

Do you set LifeCycle template to use the transitions? You need to set the transition for each target state.

HelesicPetr_1-1652852160842.png

PetrH

Dear friends

This post made my day!
With its help and the reference to CS124047 I was able to enable Multi Target States for change messages in an important customer project!

Many thanks for this

Thomas2022-11-23-Metrohm-03.png2022-11-23-Metrohm-01.png

Top Tags