cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

NPAPI Plugins in Firefox

BjoernRueegg
17-Peridot

NPAPI Plugins in Firefox

Chrome did it already, the new browser Edge never will support it and now also Firefox will cancel the plugin interface NPAPI by the end of next year.

I'm really looking forward to Windchill 11 and I hope PTC will present a HTML5 Creo View and the end of the Java Applets...

https://blog.mozilla.org/futurereleases/2015/10/08/npapi-plugins-in-firefox/

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I guess all these problems will be gone at latest with 11.0 M030 in June 2017! I'm really looking forward to see Creo View in the browser!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Thanks for your info.

Marco

Thank you. I know a few companies who have even upgrade to 10.2 on hold, to move directly to 11 because of this reason. Hope we will have this fixed in 11.

Thank you

Binesh Kumar

Barry Wehmiller

One of my consultants has just participated in a meeting of Windchill developers in Barcelona.

Here PTC announced that also 10.2 M040 should address/solve this issue.

Marco

We will have a 10.2 M040 datecode? Never knew about it. I assumed M030 will be the last date code and we will recieve only CPSs. Thank you for that info.

Thank you

Binesh Kumar

Barry Wehmiller

DarrynKozak
5-Regular Member
(To:Marco_Tosin)

There are currently no plans for a Windchill release 10.2 M040.   I am interested to know where that information came from so I can correct the source.

Darryn Kozak

Darryn, as I wrote the information came from Barcelona meeting.

I don't know who from PTC gave this information.

But I have to partially correct myself, because it is not confirmed a 10.2 M040, but it is under evaluation.

I apologize for the misunderstanding but, at the same time, I would like to take this opportunity to point out that if there won't be a 10.2 M040, PTC customers will be forced to use only one browser to access Windchill.

Thanks for your attention.

Marco

In regard to applets, many will be replaced in Windchill 11.0, though a few will still remain. Article CS160578 can be used to track which applets will be replaced in which release.

This CS sheds some light on the way forward regarding Creo View and NPAPI deprecation in Firefox: https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/case_solution.jsp?n=CS237817

I guess all these problems will be gone at latest with 11.0 M030 in June 2017! I'm really looking forward to see Creo View in the browser!

Top Tags