cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

NX ReuseLibrary setup

Dobi
14-Alexandrite

NX ReuseLibrary setup

Have any of you set up NX Reuse Library in Windchill? 

This is supported (apparently) and seems to work ok. 

Documentation is reasonably clear but I'm not sure about this line below here:

Dobi_0-1678232300781.png

If the recommended workflow is that the WGM generates a first pass ReuseLibraryFileTypes_vxxxx.xml and then the update preference is set to now, what is the process for updating the XML with data from the server after that? Does the preference need to be toggled or does the library update on it's own by virtue of it being connected to Windchill? 

4 REPLIES 4
sven
7-Bedrock
(To:Dobi)

The wgmclient.ini option "update.nx.reuse.library.definition.file" will be dis-/enable the synchronisation about changes (add, remove, rename) in the Windchill reuseable files/paths. Best practise is so a admin create or update the Reuse Library XML Files by activated this update option. Users not activate this option and became only the finished xml files, maybe on a startup batch. So there are NO UPDATE = SYNCHRONISATION will be run on each WGM Start. 
Depending on the reuse library size, this update may take a few seconds and users might assume that the software has crashed.   

Dobi
14-Alexandrite
(To:sven)

I'll play around with this a little bit. 

So on a batch launch potentially I'd have to update any Reuse Library XML files to account for additions, renames, etc. and otherwise keep the update.nx.reuse.library.definition.file set to No for the users?

sven
7-Bedrock
(To:Dobi)

See also PTC Help NX Reuse Library Integration with Windchill and also Article CS391067.

If wgmclient.ini option for "update.nx.reuse.library.definition.file" is set to:

1. No (disabled) = only manually changes or batch copy the XML's will be reflect into Siemens NX UI
    • WGM only initial create the "ReuseLibraryCache" Folder and XML files
    • already existing files will not be changed by WGM
  2. Yes (enabled) = WGM automatically create and validate changes on each WGM start
    • already existing XML files will be validated and changed

INFO: WGM will be add the Windchill definied reuselibrary path's to NX User Settings per UGII_LOCAL_USER_DEFAULTS "<path>\nx_<username>.dpv".

INFO: Actually I can not use multiple languages same time (User used different languagae same time) with one library definition set in the Windchill preferences and use with "update" is "yes". You can use by add entries in the XMLs so that your used lanuages are correct reflect the WFS translation. WFS also swicht the translation into the paths naming "Libraries" and "Bibliotheken"  (german).  

Dobi
14-Alexandrite
(To:sven)

I had a bit of time to work through this and I do have it set up now and working - so yay! 

If I - as admin - create the Reuse Library content in the ReuaseLibraryCache/ReuseLibraryFileTypes_vXXXX.xml and keep my personal wgmclient.ini update.nx.reuse.library.definition.file=Yes, is it as simple as me updating on launch via launch script the xml file for all of the other users? 

Dobi

Top Tags