cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

New Change Notice Workflow not being used

DonSenchuk
7-Bedrock

New Change Notice Workflow not being used

I'm nearing the end of the development of a new Change Notice workflow with a new set of Change Activities. It's similar enough to the one we've been using for the past couple of years that I figured 'no problem'. Of course, now that I've arrived at the place where I have to do some testing, I can't even get off the fist step.

Workflows are created.

Policies are set.

Teams have been verified.

Lifecycles are defined and linked to the correct workflows.

Types are set.

When I start a new Change Notice, I get a choice to use the old one or the new one. If I pick the old one, it works as expected. During the creation of the Implementation Plan, if I pick the old one, it works as expected.

During each of these steps, both the old and new choices are shown (showing the Policy is working as expected).

When I start a new Change notice but instead pick the new workflow from the pull-down menu, it uses the old workflow. When I pick a new workflow for the Implementation Plan, it uses the old workflow.

I've gone over and over different aspects, but obviously I'm missing something else here. I'm hoping another set of eyes will point me in a direction of something I forgot to check on.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Problem solved. Forgot my OIRs.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Well, a little more digging got me a little more information.

Under the old workflows, I have a Change Notice, a Change Task and a Mfg Change Task. Each one, when chosen, uses the correct workflow. Each one has its own Life Cycle Template.

The new workflows, which do have their own newly created Life Cycle Template, use the workflow associated with the old Life Cycle Template.

Now the problem becomes, how on earth did I get the workflows to correctly link to the appropriate Life Cycle Templates.

Problem solved. Forgot my OIRs.

Top Tags