cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

New Document subtype

Darquise
11-Garnet

New Document subtype

I created a subtype from Document, e.g. Document | subtype1

Now, when I go to my folder and do Actions, New Document, how do I associate the document with my new type "subtype1"?

6 REPLIES 6
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:Darquise)

If you have permission to create it, and if the "Instantiable" radio button in Type and Attribute manager is set to Yes, then it will be available to select once you select New Document.

If you want a different lifecycle template or other things for this sub type, an OIR specific to the sub type is needed.

I created the new type as wcadmin. I logged in as myself and wcadmin, but I still can't see my new type when I do Actions, New, Document. Only the default templates appear.

As mentioned above, you need to make sure the Instantiable option is set to "Yes". It is "No" by default. Lots of good information on this in the Windchill Help Center.

newSubtype.png

Yes, it is set to yes.

It was at No, and I changed it to Yes. I even restarted tomcat and windchill services.

It's working - I had a couple of errors with the internal name 😞

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:Darquise)

For this reason, it's really worth always using copy / paste when possible instead of typing - and when copying from a web page, many times have to paste first into a notepad file, then paste into the UI.

Great that this is solved.

Top Tags