cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

New Idea - Add feature in Windchill PDMLink for roll-up of attributes like Weight, Cost, Power...

rkayasth
6-Contributor

New Idea - Add feature in Windchill PDMLink for roll-up of attributes like Weight, Cost, Power...

Dear friends,

PL vote for this idea...the link is here...https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill/New-Idea-Add-feature-in-Windchill-for-roll-up-of-attributes-like/m-p/399539#431210

I am sure, many of us require this feature OOTB and most of the Engg. companies use this feature as customized...

Thanks,

Ravin

2 REPLIES 2

already voted

I am sure this is not new for PTC.

Product Analytic I believe can roll the cost.

As for the weight, considering that most company have a CAD driven approach, the weight is simply taken from the CAD file.

However, not all part of a product will be created in CAD.

I fully support the idea but surely need deeper consideration. No doubt PTC will do his homework

GregoryPERASSO
14-Alexandrite
(To:ChrisPLM)

yes

depends if we want to persist the rollout results for each levels ...

Or having a "dynamic" BOM rollout regarding the Filter Critera Config Spec (LATEST, effectivity, etc ...)

For the weight we have both use case:

with and without CAD (without CAD, we have done a custo which calculate the weight regarding the Wtpart material and volume)

persist or not (we need to persist an official "minimal" weight of the WTpart), but also have a dynamic BOM cognos report that rollout leaf components weight at assemblies level ....

Top Tags