cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Noob sys admin wondering about creating user accounts.

mdebower
18-Opal

Noob sys admin wondering about creating user accounts.

Hi, my name is Marc and I am a noob.

I am trying to set up a Windchill 10.0 test server, and this is my first time doing anything like this. Between IT and myself we have the test server stood up and running.

I have also created an organization, and included the Demo org at installation.

My Question is: Should I create users at the Site or Organization level? It appears that I can do either. What is the best practice in this case?

1 REPLY 1

Looks like creating users at the site level is considered best practice.

Here are the answers that I received:

I think at the site level is better. It’s a test server, maybe we can ignore this.
If you want to simulate a real environment for this, LADP need to be considered.

We also want to set up the test server next month.

Thanks!

Any question, please feel free to contact me!
Yang

-----
From one noob to another; from the input I’ve gotten it’s best to do it at the site level. I’m just kicking off a WC 9.1 launch myself. More advice: test the living crap out of the system. The more you kick it around the better.

Good Luck,
Bob

-----
It depends on whether you want to have a single org or multiple orgs. Also it depends on whether you want to use shared team between organizations. In that case, it is better to have the users created in the Site level.

Best Regards
Rajesh

In Reply to Marc DeBower:

Hi, my name is Marc and I am a noob.

I am trying to set up a Windchill 10.0 test server, and this is my first time doing anything like this. Between IT and myself we have the test server stood up and running.

I have also created an organization, and included the Demo org at installation.

My Question is: Should I create users at the Site or Organization level? It appears that I can do either. What is the best practice in this case?

Top Tags