cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Noob sys admin wondering about creating user accounts.

mdebower
18-Opal

Noob sys admin wondering about creating user accounts.

Hi, my name is Marc and I am a noob.

I am trying to set up a Windchill 10.0 test server, and this is my first time doing anything like this. Between IT and myself we have the test server stood up and running.

I have also created an organization, and included the Demo org at installation.

My Question is: Should I create users at the Site or Organization level? It appears that I can do either. What is the best practice in this case?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have gotten advice from a couple of other people that all recommend creating user accounts at the site level. Since this is just a test server with about 2 dozen accounts that is what I am going to do. I guess we will see if it works out that way.

-marc

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I'm not positive but I *think* you're supposed to create them at the Organization level. You probably won't have multiple organizations? If so, will users need access to objects in multiple organizations? Assuming you create them at site and you only have one organization. Can you add them to your container teams and do they log in access the info they need successfully?

You can always edit the user to change the Organization.

I have gotten advice from a couple of other people that all recommend creating user accounts at the site level. Since this is just a test server with about 2 dozen accounts that is what I am going to do. I guess we will see if it works out that way.

-marc

Top Tags