cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Oslc API on windchill

SM_9917423
5-Regular Member

Oslc API on windchill

Hello Experts, i was interested in exploring the OSLC api on Windchill,

I could not find any documentation on how to enable this on Windchill.

Most of the documentation is for RV&S and not Windchill .

Is there a OSLC api on Windchill?

I know there is Odata based Rest API.

Can someone pls point me to the documentation related to Windchill OSLC api.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TanuJolly
5-Regular Member
(To:SM_9917423)

Article - CS311821 - Windchill OSLC Server support added to Windchill PDMLink 11.1 M020 CPS08 and 11.2.0.2 (ptc.com) will provides details on required Windchill configurations to support Windchill OSLC services.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

@PatrickOllerton Please take a look.

I'm not responsible for Windchill PLM, but I did find some information in the Help - not much on the customization points or API though.

I'll raise this with a PLM colleague who may have more information to share, you could also contact PTC Support.

regards,

Patrick

SM_9917423
5-Regular Member
(To:PatrickOllerton)

Thanks for the reply, The architecture diagram in there shows that the OSLC connector is used through Thingworx, does this mean if i want to use WIndchill Oslc i need to have Thingworx?

Patrick,

Thank you for your support!

Hello @SM_9917423 

Just my thoughts because I do not use OSLS. 

If you use OSLS then do you need to write a OSLS API to get data from Windchill ?

Windchill has own restapi that can be used in OSLS I guess. 

ThingWorx use a Windchill REST Api to drill a data and then integrate it with other systems. 

So documentation for the rest api is in Windchill instalation

general documentation

https://serverAdress/Windchill/app/#ptc1/apiDocs/apiDocs?oid=OR%3Awt.org.WTUser%3A207&u8=1

REST servicess documentation

https://wchserverAdress/Windchill/netmarkets/html/wrs/doc.html

REST Servicies user guide (PDF)

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/refdoc/Windchill_REST_Services/2.5/wrs?&art_lang=en&posno=2&q=windchill%20rest&DocumentType=Reference%20Document&source=search&_gl=1*pw3616*_ga*MjA1NjM1MzcyNS4xNjc4OTUwMDM0*_ga_1QBT6P6HR1*MTY4MjQwMDk2Mi45OS4xLjE2ODI0MDcxMjguMC4wLjA.*_ga_CBN5QVB9VJ*MTY4MjQwNzA5MC4yOS4xL....

hope this can help

PetrH

SM_9917423
5-Regular Member
(To:HelesicPetr)

Thanks for the reply @HelesicPetr

If needed may be we might have to write some custom Oslc Api, but i am hoping i wont need that.
I am familiar with Windchill Rest API and we are using that as part of my development.
Oslc was suggested by PTC as part of a use case we have, hence the need to explore Oslc Api

TanuJolly
5-Regular Member
(To:SM_9917423)

Article - CS311821 - Windchill OSLC Server support added to Windchill PDMLink 11.1 M020 CPS08 and 11.2.0.2 (ptc.com) will provides details on required Windchill configurations to support Windchill OSLC services.

SM_9917423
5-Regular Member
(To:TanuJolly)

This looks interesting, thanks

It turns out i can hit the catalog on my dev instance, need to explore this further

Here is the Windchill help center topic on OSLC server: Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration (OSLC) Server (ptc.com)

Top Tags