cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Out-of-Date Workspace Parts

BC_10848572
1-Newbie

Out-of-Date Workspace Parts

Currently using Windchill 12.1.2.0 with Creo 9.0.5.0

I reviewed drawings and parts with a colleague that I added to my workspace. He made changes to those parts but there were no indications in my workspace that anything was out-of-date. Selecting Tools → Synchronize or Refresh Workspace didn't change anything. Only when I selected Update and manually updated the parts did I get the latest versions. This worked, but my issue is that I wouldn't know to do this unless I knew that changes were made.

I remember in the past that my workspace would indicate when parts were out-of-date. Is there something I can do to get that functionality back?

5 REPLIES 5
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:BC_10848572)

There are status icons that you can show which can tell you that its out of date. The take a little extra CPU to calculate each refresh which is why its off by default. Change your view to the Out of Date view if you want to see them.

Thanks for the reply. I've seen indicators at past companies (a clock, if I remember correctly).

This is my current company's first attempt working with Windchill. I was wondering if there is a refresh iteration time that can be modified, but the fact that clicking synchronize and refresh-workspace didn't force any of those indicators to pop up makes me think something else is wrong.

How is the refresh turned on? I have the columns displayed below. Is there a specific way to turn on the Out of Date view beyond having those columns?

BC_10848572_0-1724087862932.png

Hi @BC_10848572 

It depends on Windchill system configuration.

If the Windchill has more methodservers then it can take a while that the out-of-date indicator is synchronized with server side information

PetrH 

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:BC_10848572)

Customize your view settings to get the additional columns you need to display the out-of-date objects.

BenLoosli_0-1724086992058.png

Thanks for the reply. I do have those columns, but no indicator was popping up.

In the past, I've seen an icon (a clock, if I remember correctly) that indicates that the listed item is out of date, but I didn't get that here.

Announcements

Top Tags