cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

PDMLink Cadworker and Form Based Authentication (FBA)

StuartHarvey
6-Contributor

PDMLink Cadworker and Form Based Authentication (FBA)

We are planning on implementing a single sign-on system (Oracle Access Manager)that utilizes Form Based Authentication (FBA). Currently the cadworker appears to send username and password to the worker to enable it to authentication with PDMLink. I appears to me that the single sign-on system will break the functionallity of the cadworker.

Has anyone implemented the Cadworkers under a Form Based Authentication system? How did you accomplish it?

Stuart Harvey

3 REPLIES 3
jessh
5-Regular Member
(To:StuartHarvey)

Form-based authentication is not officially supported until 10.1 M010,
so hopefully you're on at least that recent of a system.

Referring to the 10.1 help center, see the "WVS Considerations with
Trusted Host Authentication" Help Center topic -- the link to which in
at least one location is labeled "WVS Considerations with Form-based
Authentication". I suspect 10.2's help center topic is similarly labeled.

Jess is pointing in the right direction. The WHC has a great topic on it, but also look at the Windchill Visualization Guide for your WC release. We have FBA setup but usinganother vendor. You have to follow the steps for trusted host authentication and setup your auth.properties correctly. In auth.properties, you can also configure the username who requested the visualization to be passed through, so the job is "owned" by the user.

bt
4-Participant
4-Participant
(To:StuartHarvey)

HI Stuart,

We are currently in process of setting up OAM with Windchill, could you please let me know if you were able to successfully implement ? If so is it possible to share the configurations need to be done from Windchill side and OAM side ?

Currently we did configure the OAM for a POC work but doesnt seems to be working. When we enable OAM we are getting user not found from Corporate LDAP, if we disable OAM the user seems to have got it authented.

Regards

Baalajee.T

Top Tags