cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

PDMLink search question

JMSCRA
1-Newbie

PDMLink search question

All,

I have a user who has spent time modeling a part only to find out when he tried to save and upload it to commonspace that someone else had already modeled the part. He did a search to see if the part existed before he started modeling but it came back with no results. Meaning to him no one had done the part. It turns out that the part had been created, saved and uploaded but NOT checked in. Since the part had not been checked in his search did not show the part. This is not totally valid because it existed in a local workspace.

Does anyone know of a way to perform a search that looks not only at commonspace but also into local workspaces and include items that have been saved locally and parts that have been saved and uploaded but NOT checked in as well?

John M. Scranton
Manager Design Drafting
and Configuration Management
Ultra Electronics - USSI
4868 E. Park 30 Dr.
Columbia City, IN 46725-8869
*Voice: 260.248.3576
*Fax; 260.248.3509
[cid:image001.png@01CECB28.3BEC37F0]
[cid:image002.jpg@01CECB28.3BEC37F0]

Internet Email Confidentiality Footer
Privileged, Proprietary, or Private information may be contained in this message. If you are not the intended addressee or responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended addressee, you are not authorized to possess or copy this message or its contents without the authorized consent of an UnderSea Sensor Systems, Inc. (USSI) representative. In such a case, you should destroy this message and notify us immediately. Opinions, statements, and other information expressed in this message are not published or endorsed by USSI unless otherwise indicated by an authorized representative independent of this message.
2 REPLIES 2
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:JMSCRA)

Check your group/user roles/permissions/ACL for that user or the product that has the file. An uploaded file should be visible through search.
As an admin, I can see files that are still in local workspaces and not uploaded since Windchill is aware that the file name has been taken.

ddemay
1-Newbie
(To:JMSCRA)

Read permissions on people workspaces sounds like the issue. Talk to PTC support about it. Site admins can do this. I see into others workspaces all the tine as admin. The search functions will respect access control.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone
Top Tags