cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

PLM ERP Forum

cc-2
6-Contributor

PLM ERP Forum

Hello everyone

is anyone going to the PLM Interest Group workshop about plm erp integration?

http://www.plmig.com/index_experp.shtml#plmerp

Best regards

4 REPLIES 4

We became member of the PLMIG recently, but I have to admit, we haven't done much with it. Are there positive experiences regarding this forum?

Met vriendelijke groeten, Best Regards,

Hugo.
cc-2
6-Contributor
(To:cc-2)

Hi

My company became a member very recently. We received all the journals since 2009 and other materials such as CEO Briefing document. Benchmarking. Self tool assessment kits, Product Structure Standard, PLM Manager Handbook

I wished we had those when we started with PLM. It would have been very useful to put everyone at the same page and save reinvent the wheel.

I think the initiative of the PLM Interest Group is very honorable because it is trying to get the different stakeholders (companies using PLM, Consultants, VAR and software providers) all together to discuss and come up with "universal" best practices in a neutral format.

I do not know any other boby so independent who is doing the thing. If there are, I will be glad to get to know them. (And maybe PLM IG and the others will also get together to produce even better materials based on even more experiences 🙂 )

When I read (I have not finished about 500 pages I got) it, there is not a moment where I think. "yeah right but they only want to sale etc... as like certain blogs managed by the software company).

Also it gives the opportunity to anyone (who is a member) to challenge the work already done and eventually improve it even further.

There is currently a workshop on PLM - ERP, handbook is expected end of the year. I look forward to read it.

Hugo, why do you you have not done much? Is it because you are so advanced user that you do not learn anything knew or have not had the time to read anything yet?

Best regards

Yes, I'm absolutly THE most advanced user you can imagine ... 🙂 ... without enough time (read: priority!) to invest in those documents. But your feedback encouraged me to change my attitude. Thank you.

Btw, I didn't succeed to persuade my management to send me to Bristol. The States is not an option, most likely. The last meeting, in Germany, might be more likely. Are you joining those workshops?

Regards, Hugo.

<< ProE WF5 M150 - PDMLink 9.1 M060>>

cc-2
6-Contributor
(To:cc-2)

Hi Hugo,

The discussion is turning more into a private discussion. How can we continue the discussion directly without going through the forum ?

Best regards

Top Tags