cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

PPAP - how to bundle documentation and how to link

pporta
5-Regular Member

PPAP - how to bundle documentation and how to link

After gathering various documents and preparing the PPAP "bundle", the entire "bundle" should be related to the WTpart that the PPAP is concerning.

PPAP contains documents describing the process that creates the part. Such documents may change without the part being any different. A change to a document in a PPAP "bundle" will of course revise it, but the related part (which the PPAP is concerning), should not be revised due to the changes in the PPAP "bundle".

I am curious.. How do you create a link between the PPAP "bundle" and the part it concerns, that does not demand the part to revise if the PPAP "bundle" revises? DescribedBy links will not work and Reference links are not appropriate either.

3 REPLIES 3
rlampley
12-Amethyst
(To:pporta)

We have a similar process and our PPAP Documentation is associated to the WTPart via the Reference Documents relationship.

Set your Revise Collector preference to not include related parts when revising.  

Annotation 2022-05-05 144102.png

pporta
5-Regular Member
(To:rlampley)

Thanks for sharing your setup details and your hands-on advise.

Just wondering... If you need to revisit an old version of the part and track down what version of the PPAP that was related to it - how can that be achieved if you are using the Reference link type? Maybe that is not an usecase or I am overlooking some options.

rlampley
12-Amethyst
(To:pporta)

Yes, if you look at an earlier rev of a part, you may see the latest revision of the PPAP.  For our use case, we do not revise PPAP's once approved, we issue another PPAP for a new revision.  So as my part history grows, my reference document library grows.  Fortunately, we name our PPAP documents with the part revision included.  So if i am looking at a Rev 3 Part, I can see my Rev 1, Rev 2 and Rev 3 PPAP history all in one shot

Top Tags